Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HCS/VOSS with CUCM LDAP integration

Hi forum,

Anyone has succesfully integrated and deploy VOSS and CUCM with LDAP integration?           

How would VOSS/CUCM react, will CUCM push any new users to VOSS ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're not going to like these answers I am afraid.  I don't like them either.  However, I understand that VOSS is working on a new version that is supposed to remedy issues like these.  I don't have ETAs, just a rumor i heard.

case 1. if you delete the user from Voss during the 24 hour period where the user is still in the CUCM user list, but inactive, this deletion will succeed.  However, if you do not catch it before the user is removed from CUCM, VOSS will not find the user associations to remove and fail.  You have to put the PBX into manual mode to resolve situations like this.

case 2. the UID key or sAMAccountName cannot change or its basically the same answer as case 1 above.  However, if you change anything else, VOSS will not see the change, or care about it.  You can change the users last name or first name within VOSS and it doesn't even have to match the LDAP entry, once created the user information is independent.

K

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to configure the LDAP system, directory, and authentication parameters on your CUCM cluster.  Then configure an Authentication Server under the Network menu in VOSS, then associate it with the customer/division/location.

VOSS will create user entries locally for the users when they are loaded via the GUI or bulk loader, it does not import them automatically like CUCM does (you'll notice there is no synch schedule).  But its important that the UserIDs match exactly when you are trying to add them.  The Authentication Server entry is needed for authentication against the self-care webpage.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

K

Hi kking2008,

This is very helpful, what would be the recommendation for MACD, specifically user changes and deletion in this integration?

Once CUCM has synched, as you mentioned VOSS creates users locally. I have questions for the following cases:

Case 1. AD user is deleted (employee left company), in CUCM user is marked as inactive, then deleted. VOSS will still have it, can I delete user directly from VOSS, or VOSS will look for its association in CUCM and fail?

Case 2. AD user is modified (lets say Last Name is updated) does VOSS needs to be updated manually as well, or any manual synch between CUCM and VOSS?

Thanks for your reply

You're not going to like these answers I am afraid.  I don't like them either.  However, I understand that VOSS is working on a new version that is supposed to remedy issues like these.  I don't have ETAs, just a rumor i heard.

case 1. if you delete the user from Voss during the 24 hour period where the user is still in the CUCM user list, but inactive, this deletion will succeed.  However, if you do not catch it before the user is removed from CUCM, VOSS will not find the user associations to remove and fail.  You have to put the PBX into manual mode to resolve situations like this.

case 2. the UID key or sAMAccountName cannot change or its basically the same answer as case 1 above.  However, if you change anything else, VOSS will not see the change, or care about it.  You can change the users last name or first name within VOSS and it doesn't even have to match the LDAP entry, once created the user information is independent.

K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: