cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset Button Not Staying on After Call Ends

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded to CM 10.5.2.12903-1 and I am getting reports (reproducible) that when a user picks up a call on their headset and then ends the call (using the End Call softkey) the headset button is no longer illuminated.  This means that the users need to answer every call by hitting the headset button and cannot use the Answer softkey or line button to get a call to their headset.  

Is there some setting somewhere that I am missing to enable this?  Could it be a bug in the code I am running?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacob,

Please check the following

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul48799/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacob,

Please check the following

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul48799/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

So, if I'm reading this correctly, I won't get the light to function like it used to again?

After some testing I did find that icon and saw the headset functions as it did before, the only change is the light when on hook.

Hi Jacob,

That is correct, as the bug says '. The only significant difference in behavior to the user is that the audio path LEDs (speaker and headset) on the phone will only be lit when that audio path is in use."

Manish

Thank you for the reply.  I hope this does not confuse the users too much.

Unfortuneately this isn't the only difference in behaviour.  We have a deployment where 'Auto Answer with Headset' is used, so the users would previously have used the Headset button to turn off the headset as an audio path (when leaving their desk for a short period).  Now the users cannot disable the headset, so a call can be transferred to them and the call is auto-answered while the user is away from the desk, and the caller gets left on a call with no-one on the other end.

Hi there I have the same problem now . I am now using the 8851 phone and the headset switch was staying on regardless of whether I was on a call or not and now it has stopped working. How can I set it so I can answer with the softkey and not having to use the headset swich

I have this issue too.  Wondering if anyone has sent you a resolution?

thank you

Julie