cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Re: Help analyzing "debug voip dialpeer inout", "debug voice cca

What, you can't read minds!? Haha, OK, that version was too sanitized, I agree.

Here's a much more useful version.

Thanks for you help so far. I think this is part of what is so great about Cisco, the community, and specifically in this case, you.

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

Ok. I see that the call is taken in G.729 at line 3859. Then the forward is made with g.711 (the only possible choice with CUE) at line 3912.

So, a codec mismatch problem. Try changing the voice-class on incoming DP from ITSP to accept g.771u only. If it works, my theory is proven. At that point, you should configure transcoding to accept calls in g.729 and do VM in G.711. That is a bit complicated but can be done. The alternative is to run everything in G.711 that beside the larger bandwidth usage, has also advantages.

Thank you for the appreciation, it's a pleasure to deal with someone able to clearly detail a problem and willing to study and work about it.

View solution in original post

Beginner

Wow! It played out just as you suspected. I switched the codec to g.711 and it worked like a charm. I'll spend my morning trying to figure out how to set it up as you mentioned. Looks like I've got some reading to do on codecs. I was totally barking up the wrong tree at the beginning.

Thanks again.

Hall of Fame Master

You are very welcome. Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

PS. How to properly obscure traces - interesting matter for discussion ! I shot myself in the foot with the so-called "best practice".

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here