Helpful
Replies

Help cisco 7811 no CUCM - SIP configuration

hufyebarza
Level 1
Level 1
hi

hi, I'm new.

I have a problem with a CISCO 7811 no CUCM phone. Yesterday I updated the firmware to the "sip78xx.12-0-1-11" version because with the previous version when I connected via WEB I could not modify any data.
After loading this firmware, however, I can no longer access the WEB area. What did I do wrong? why doesn't it connect.
I need to configure this phone as a SIP.
The files I uploaded via TFTP are as follows: 

- kern2.78xx.12-0-1-11.sbn

- kern78xx.12-0-1-11.sbn

- rootfs2.78xx.12-0-1-11.sbn

- rootfs78xx.12-0-1-11.sbn

- sboot2.78xx.12-0-1-11.sbn

- sboot78xx.12-0-1-11.sbn

- sip78xx.12-0-1-11.loads

- XMLDefault.cnf.xml

where the "XMLDefault.cnf.xml" is

<Default>
<autoRegistrationName>AUTO-REG</autoRegistrationName>
<autoRegistration>disabled</autoRegistration>
<selfProvisioningSecureMode>true</selfProvisioningSecureMode>
<adminProvisionMode>false</adminProvisionMode>
<ipAddressMode>0</ipAddressMode>
<ipPreferenceModeControl>0</ipPreferenceModeControl>
<ipMediaAddressFamilyPreference>0</ipMediaAddressFamilyPreference>
<callManagerGroup>
<name>Default</name>
<tftpDefault>true</tftpDefault>
<members>
<member priority="0">
<callManager>
<name>cucmpub1</name>
<description>cucmpub1</description>
<ports>
<ethernetPhonePort>2000</ethernetPhonePort>
<sipPort>5060</sipPort>
<securedSipPort>5061</securedSipPort>
<mgcpPorts>
<listen>2427</listen>
<keepAlive>2428</keepAlive>
</mgcpPorts>
</ports>
<processNodeName>cucmpub1</processNodeName>
</callManager>
</member>
</members>
</callManagerGroup>
<TVS>
<members>
<member priority="0">
<port>2445</port>
<address>cucmpub1</address>
</member>
</members>
</TVS>
<loadInformation36213 model="Cisco 7811">sip78xx.12-0-1-11</loadInformation36213>
<loadInformation621 model="Cisco 7821">sip78xx.12-0-1-11</loadInformation621>
<loadInformation622 model="Cisco 7841">sip78xx.12-0-1-11</loadInformation622>
<loadInformation623 model="Cisco 7861">sip78xx.12-0-1-11</loadInformation623>
</Default>

what did i do wrong? why doesn't the web area work? did I miss any files? I await your help to understand how to solve. help me, thanks

16 Replies 16

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're running enterprise FW, not 3PCC, so you not being able to change anything via the GUI is the expected behavior.

Discuss with whoever you bought the device from the option to either return it and buy a 3PCC/MPP device, or to swap the device for a 3PCC/MPP device if possible.

With enterprise FW you will need to deliver all the configuration via .xml files as the phone would expect it from CUCM, hundreds of threads on the topic at CSC for your reference, you can also find plenty of other references if you google the topic.

The other option is to pay for the migration from enterprise to 3PCC/MPP, and only then, you would have a configuration GUI. Details at upgrade.cisco.com on what to buy and the procedure, make sure to thoroughly read and understand everything before proceeding.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi then the phone is used so i can't return. From what I understand I don't have to enter this firmware via TFTP right? What exactly should I do? I thought that by updating the firmware via TFTP then I could modify the data via WEB ..... but no. Can you help me understand how I should proceed? thank you

Hi I have read your answer better and for now I was thinking of configuring the phone via TFTP via xml file. But I need some advice, precisely which xml file should I use to configure it? in addition to the XMLDefault.cnf.xml file, do I have to write some other file or modify this? How should I proceed? Can I have some other tips or at least how to search? thank you ps. I have to configure the phone on a simple SIP extension n. 150 with password 150.

Deleting all my responses because the OP keeps opening duplicate threads.  

Hi, I saw a bit and found this file that I set with my data. Unfortunately my Cisco 7811 phone still doesn't work. can you help me understand if the code is correct? and where did I go wrong? TFTP was also asking me for other files it didn't find like dialplan and others I don't remember. I have renamed the attached file with the mac address of the phone.

My details are:

Internal number 150

internal pass 150

ip modem 192.168.1.1

IP switchboard 192.168.1.120

host pbx.localdomain

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS: 208.67.222.222

Thanks for your help.

The message is:

" coul not acquire an IP address from DHCP"

what does it mean? what should I do? did I do something wrong in the xml file? thank you

hi with your advice I managed to get the phone started.

the only thing is that I had to DISABLE the dhcp and set the ip address, the subnet, the default router by hand, only in this way the phone started working according to the SEP.cnf.xml sent.

Last request, but if I want to change the language (eg Italian) can it be done? and how?

Thank you all

thank you very much, but is it a problem if on the phone, I disabled DHCP and entered the IP data manually?

thank you

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Maybe you could try the following: cmterm-7942_7962-sip.9-4-2SR3-1.k3.cop.sgn

As you would see in your post, your file is for 7942 phones.

Edit: Why is my answer on this post?

Hi everyone,
I have a new problem with the CISCO 7962 SIP no CUCM version phone. I reset the phone by pressing the # and typing the code, so far so good, the phone connects to the TFTP software and downloads the firmware.
The problem is that it doesn't download the files
- Dialplan.xml
- SEP [mac] .cnf.cml
- XMLDefault.cnf.xml
I saw that it only loads the files contained in the term62.default.loads file that is:
- jar42sip.9-4-2ES26.sbn
- cnu42.9-4-2ES26.sbn
- apps42.9-4-2ES26.sbn
- dsp42.9-4-2ES26.sbn
- cvm42sip.9-4-2ES26.sbn
The firmware version I downloaded is SIP42.9-4-2SR3-1S, what should I do? help me if you can. Thank you

I don't know yesterday I opened a new post a couple of times and punctually it was deleted or not visible to me. BECAUSE? however I wrote the message under this post always mine, can you help me by replying to the post below? thank you

@hufyebarza wrote:

I opened a new post a couple of times and punctually it was deleted

Multiple duplicate threads of this same threads were created.  This is why duplicate threads were deleted. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: