cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help for configuring Cisco Unity Express on ISM-SRE-300-K9 module (on a Cisco 2921 CME router)

swati-singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

We have purchased a Cisco 2921 router for Call manager express. For installing Cisco Unity express, we have installed an ISM-SRE-300-K9 module on the Cisco 2921 (motherboard). I have read Cisco documentation and some blogs regarding configuration of the ISM-SRE-300-K9 and accessing it, but I am still not sure about the procedure.

Also, I see the interfaces Embedded-Service-module 0/0, ISM0/0 and ISM0/1 on the router. Could you please let me know which of these (or all?) will be used for Cisco unity express? Could you please let me know what each of these interfaces is used for?

Could you please point me to the exact procedure for configuring and accessing ISM-SRE-300-K9 for CUE functionality?

Regards,

Swati

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are many thread on the same subject in this forum, could you take the time to search and read before asking ?

I have a brand new 2911 and I have tried every different way for installing CUE on this particular module and nothing has worked.  I even RMA'd it and the new one is acting the same way.  After I installed the new ISM and powered on the device the status showed it was trying to recover from an error.  Has anyone else had as bad of a time as me with this thing?

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Swati,

Even if there are other posts, you may check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/ism-sm-sre.html

Also CUE is not supprted on the Embedded Service Module, so you have to install de CUE module on ISM 0/0 or 0/1

-HTH-

Jorge...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: