Views
Helpful
Replies

help i need 7911 firmware

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

HI all

Im mid way through migrating a site with 100 x 7911 telephones to a new callmanager and at least half the 7911's failed to register due to my firmware being too high a level to directly upgrade. I need to do an stepped upgrade to complete but I need to get firmware version SCCP11.8-3-3 to do it and for some strage reason cisco have locked old telephone firmware downloads and cisco TAC are being really un helpfull, so is there any one out there who can send me the firmware?

colin

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

8.5.2 is not locked and is ok for stepped update.

Hi Paolo

I appreciate your reply. I already tried upgrading to 8.5.2 which is what i normally do in these circumstances but that failed.

The phones running SCCP11.8-2-2SR1S fail upgrade all other phones on the site upgraded with no problem but they were running a later version of 8.3.3 code.

I saw a note on one of the cisco release notes that said  i would need 8.3.3, so im trying to find that code

colin

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Colin,

I am not sure what exactly do you mean by "locked".

As far as I can see, all the firmware versions for 7911 are available for download:

Make sure that you are navingating to the right option in the left pane shown in the screenshot.

Regards,

Saurabh

Saurabh Agnihotri wrote:

Hi Colin,

I am not sure what exactly do you mean by "locked".

As far as I can see, all the firmware versions for 7911 are available for download:

You are logged in as Cisco employee and have no download restictions whatsover. The situaion is very different for others.

Please get informated on basic facts before suggestion pople is not clicking right.

Hi Colin,

Can u send the exact snapshot while u are trying to download the SCCP 8.3(3) Firmware  from Cisco Site?

Most probably,it would be the issue of Contract assoication with CCOID.

regds,

aman

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your suggestion. By the way, I am aware that availabilty for firmware downloads is limited by your contract etc.

I was just trying to help here because I have noticed that many a times customers tend to miss out the other older firmware releases because of "not-so-intuitive" left navigation pane.

I am sorry if my suggestion sounded rude to anyone.

Regards,

Saurabh

Emmanuel Valdez
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Colin,

What is the error that the IP phone display when you try to update it?

Regards.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks for all your replies. CISCO Tac gave me access to the file which resolved my problem.

colin

Can someone help with the same firmware please

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: