cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! I need to unBAT in CUCM 8.0

jhitt-limited
Level 4
Level 4

I accidently created a faulty BAT file that associates phones to users.  Unfortunately, my copy paste went a little off kilter and now I've just associated the wrong phones to users!  Anyone know how I can undo this?  I'd like to bulk unassociate phones, but don't see that as an option anywhere.  When I fixed the BAT and BATted that in, it just added the correct phone to the list of phones people have access to (leaving the incorrect phone associated).  Any help would be greatly appreciated (and worth stars of course).

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should be able to BAT out the users and it will have the controlled device associated to it.   Usually it will have "DEVICE 1"  "DEVICE 2"  etc.  What you want to do is blank out DEVICE 1 and put in the correct MAC address. This should effectively overwrite the wrong association you have in there.

Make sense?  Try it on one device and see what you get.

Sarthak Saksena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

just goto the BAT tool page and take a backup in terms of a CSV file.

once you have the file on your desktop, open it up in excel and look for the DEVICE1.

correct the MAC address on that.

go back to the BAT tool and select edit and restore the CSV file.

should fix your problem.

Josh Edwards
Level 4
Level 4

@jhitt-limited - Did either of these suggestions work?  I'm working with a client who has a similar problem - They are migrating to an all Extension Mobility deployment so they need to un-associate the devices and associate the Device Profiles for all of their users...

No, these didn't fix it.  It seems anytime you BAT in a device, it just adds to the one's already there.  The one fix I think would work if I had this to do over again is to delete the AD integration, then delete the users impacted (as they really just become inactive), then redo the AD integration.  Then re-BAT with the correct MACs and user groups.  The only thing this would impact is if the users had changed their PIN and were using it.  Our users did not use PIN for anything.

Did you guys try the import/export tool within BAT? Exporting all the phones, deleting the user ID with the MAC, save the TAR file, then uploading it again? It should overwrite that info…. (have to try first though on a test system)

I don't think changing the username on the phone will unassociate it from the user.  The change needs to be made on the user, not the phone, right?

Actually does not matter. If you go to the device (phone) and put in the user ID, it will update the End User Device association field as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: