Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Please: Callers get busy signal instead of aim-cue voicemail

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem with the no answer forward to AIM CUE voicemail. I'm running call manager express 8 with unity express 7 on a 2851 with an aim-cue.

I can call in and get the auto attendant or dial right into voicemail with my cell phone. The incoming DIDs are from a SIP provider. If I call an extension, and wait for it to be forwarded to voicemail, the call gets disconnected with a busy signal. If I call from another extension, I am successfully forwarded to voicemail.

My first instinct was to check the codecs. To me it looks like its all in g711ulaw. Also, the SIP provider confirmed that I had set the preference for their codec to be g711ulaw.

I've have: a debug ccsip all and my config.

Any and all help is grealy appreciated.

Thank you,

David

23 Replies 23

Ok, I'm getting VM from the external #s now for both the internal calls and external calls. The greeting message played when the VM picks up is different though, depending on whether you called the internal 3 digit ext or the external DID. If you call internally it says "Sorry. Extension 102 is unavailable record your message at the tone...." If you call it from the full phone # and it goes to voicemail it says "Sorry. Extension 5555555555 is unavailable, record your message at the tone...". Without recording voice greetings for the extensions, is there a way to standardize which # is says? I'd prefer to have it say the internal extension for both if possible.

Thank you for everything Aokanlawon.

Can you try and remove this command from dial-peer voice 100 voip and try again

dial-peer voice 100 voip

no mailbox-selection last-redirect-num

Please rate all useful posts

Still reading out the whole 10 digit # on the VM prompt.

Ok, David the only way I thin we can achieve this is to configure voice xlation rules for your 10 digit numbers so that they are xlated to the 3 digit numbers. This way when the number is diverted to vm, unity express will see only the 3 digit number. You can just add one more rule for the voicemail/auto attendant xlation rule...

Thanks for all your help Aokanlawon. I don't want to take up any more of your time unless you feel like helping. I appreciate all the time you've given me already, let me know how I can repay you!

I added the following translation pattern but it doesn't seem to be working:

voice translation-rule 5
 rule 1 /------8959/ /102/      (inserted dashes rather than ph # for privacy)

!
voice translation-profile cue
 translate called 5

!
dial-peer voice 100 voip
 description DIAL_PEER_TO_CUE
 translation-profile outgoing cue
 destination-pattern 77[5-9]
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:172.16.200.2
 dtmf-relay sip-notify
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad

Thanks,
David

add this rule to xlation rule 1

voice translation-rule 1

rule 3 /------8959/ /102/

test again

Works 100% perfectly. As usual, you are the best Aokanlawon.  Thank you. I appreciate all the time you spent helping me.

One question for you - I'm on 15.1(1)T with CME 8 and Unity 7. Should I attempt to upgrade to a newer IOS, CME 8.6 and one of the compatibile Unity express versions (7.3, 7.4, 8.5, 8.6)?   Is it just the newest IOS (151-4.M4) and  GUI files for CME?

David,

Thanks for the kind words and nice ratings. I am happy to have  made your day This is what the forum is all about..Extending hands and skills to co-professionals

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: