cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help required E20 Configuration CUCM 6.X & 7

charles-moore
Level 1
Level 1

Would someone be kind enough to assist with the following issue.

I have a customer who has bought several E20 Video Phones. The customer has CUCM 6.X and the Documentation states,  Although supported on 8.5,

If the firmware is down graded to TE2.2.1 the unit can be configured as a SIP end Point  on CUCM 6.X & 7.X.

The dvice is configured as a Advance SIP End point, however we are at a lost on how to configure the Physical handset.

Please note Page 7 of the relate Document clearly states the device can be configured to work with CUCM 6.X.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Users who are currently using CUCM 6, 7 or 8 are recommended to continue using TE2.2.1 until

their CUCM is upgraded to 8.5 before upgrading to this release.

The Cisco Documentation

Document "cisco_ip_video_phone_e20_te_software_release_notes_te40"

Regards

Charles

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Charles,

I actually configured an E20 to work on a CUCM 6.1(2) system a while ago. As I recall, I just had to do the following:

1. Turn SIP on (Advanced Settings)

2. Set the SIP Profile 1 to use the following configs:

a. Transport: TCP or TLS (make sure that it matches the SIP profile assigned in CUCM)

b. Type: Cisco

c. URI: The URI of the E20 unit

d. Proxy 1: Set to either the IP address of the CUCM node you are assigning or use FQDN (see below)

e. Authentication: If you are using a SIP digest on CUCM, set it here (see below)

In regards to Proxy address:

You  may be able to leverage a FQDN in the form of a set of DNS A records  configured in a round-robin fashion or a DNS SRV record. SRV being more  preferred. In my scenario, I was just doing a basic demo and I didn't  test out DNS.

In regards to authentication:

I  haven't test this either. In some 3rd party SIP tests I have done the  username on the client was the actual DN assigned to the 3rd party SIP  device in CUCM. In others, it was the actual user name as configured in  CUCM. In both cases, you will want to assign the end user as an owner on  the device and associate the device to the end user.  (NOTE: the end  user is where the digest credentials are stored).

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

i recomend you to check the compatibility matrix of both CUCM version and th eE20 Version as sometimes there are versions issue

also th eSIP proxy is as mentioend above the CM (IP)

for the SIP URI if you are using IP addressing No DNS then make sure the SIP URI looks like SIPname@CUCMIPaddress

also you might need to perform factory rest if required ( you can find it in the admin guide of the E20

HTH

if helpful rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Bill & Marwan,

Excellent answers guys! +5 points each

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App