cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Restoring Self-Signed Certificates in 8.3

isdom
Level 1
Level 1

I got ahead of myself and regenerated all my certificates at once, which I understand is a huge no-no. The only problem I've been having is the "Host not found" error in the Corporate Directory. I have backups of the old self-signed certificates so is there a way I can restore them and redo the whole procedure properly? If no I'll have to manually delete the ITL files on every single phone will take me days to finish! I haven't restarted any services apart from tomcat.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think there's a way to restore the self-signed certs, unless you do a full DRS restore. When you re-generated them, a new cert/key were generated, and only those two will match.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok I'll  have to just go ahead and restart the services. What can I expect to happen? Will all the phones stop working until I manually delete the ITL files on each one? 

Hard to tell without knowing exactly which were the steps you followed, but yes, worst case scenario, phones will not be able to register until you delete the ITL.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Well I regenerated my tomcat, Ipsec, call manager, capf and tvs certs all at once. Later I restarted the tomcat and drs services. It fixed our backup problem but the next day a handful of phones couldn't access the corporate directory. Strangely enough it's accessible using the IP communicator. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: