cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help setting up after hours call handlers

nhawkinsva
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco Unified CM V.7.1.5.10000-12 and Cisco Unity V. 1.1 Build 10 in a Server 2003 environment.  I have limited CM and/or Unity experience but need to setup an afterhours call handler that will roll calls to our mainline over to an extension ringing to a number of people's desk for four rings before forwarding on the a company directory or general voicemail.

Any assistance or advice that could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greyson Morrow
Level 1
Level 1

The general idea is to create time schedules in CUCM and associate those time schedules to a partition. Then create 2 translation patterns of that number you want with the time schedule. 1 with the "open" partition and 1 with the "closed" partition and then send the calls to there appropriate destinations. Example Below.

*Create 2 Time periods*

Time Period 8:00 - 17:00 is open business hours

Time Period 0:00 - 8:00 and 17:00 - 24:00 close hours.

*Create 2 Time Schedules*

Create 1 time schedule for in hours and 1 time schedule for off hours and associate the appropriate time periods with them.

*Create 2 partitions with associated time schedules*

Create 1 partition and name it P_InHours and associate the "Open" time schedule

Create the other partition and name it P_Closed and associate the "Closed" time schedule

*Create 2 translation patterns*

If callers are calling the main line (say it's (123)456-7890:

Create translation pattern 4567890 (assuming telco is sending 7 digits) and associate partition P_InHours with it and send it to the directory number you want to answer it.

Create another translation pattern 4567890 and associate partition P_Closed with it and send it to the directory number you want the closed calls to go to.

As far as sending calls to 4 different numbers at the same time.

You will want to create a pilot point with a directory number. Then choose the different directory numbers you want that pilot point to call when it's called.  If you want them to ring at the same time then in the box labeled route calls to* choose "broadcast hunting"

HTH

Please let me know if you have any questions on it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greyson Morrow
Level 1
Level 1

The general idea is to create time schedules in CUCM and associate those time schedules to a partition. Then create 2 translation patterns of that number you want with the time schedule. 1 with the "open" partition and 1 with the "closed" partition and then send the calls to there appropriate destinations. Example Below.

*Create 2 Time periods*

Time Period 8:00 - 17:00 is open business hours

Time Period 0:00 - 8:00 and 17:00 - 24:00 close hours.

*Create 2 Time Schedules*

Create 1 time schedule for in hours and 1 time schedule for off hours and associate the appropriate time periods with them.

*Create 2 partitions with associated time schedules*

Create 1 partition and name it P_InHours and associate the "Open" time schedule

Create the other partition and name it P_Closed and associate the "Closed" time schedule

*Create 2 translation patterns*

If callers are calling the main line (say it's (123)456-7890:

Create translation pattern 4567890 (assuming telco is sending 7 digits) and associate partition P_InHours with it and send it to the directory number you want to answer it.

Create another translation pattern 4567890 and associate partition P_Closed with it and send it to the directory number you want the closed calls to go to.

As far as sending calls to 4 different numbers at the same time.

You will want to create a pilot point with a directory number. Then choose the different directory numbers you want that pilot point to call when it's called.  If you want them to ring at the same time then in the box labeled route calls to* choose "broadcast hunting"

HTH

Please let me know if you have any questions on it.

Let me be more specific about forwarding calls to more than 1 person.

Go to Line Group and add new and associate your directory numbers you want to ring. In the distribution algorithm box choose broadcast. Under no answer choose stop hunting (because you want it to go to voicemail afterwards.

Then go to Hunt List and create new and associate your new Line Group to it.

Then go to Hunt Pilot and create new. come up with a directory number for the hunt pilot. Associate your hunt list with it. choose forward hunt no answer to your voicemail number you want it to go to.

Then test it out by calling the hunt pilot number you set up to see if the phones ring at once.

Thank you very much for the info, much appreciated!  I think I am rolling now...