Views
Helpful
Replies

Help to configure Toll Bypass

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have the following need: It has many offices in cites (or countries) A, B, C, D, etc.... Calls from A to another cities are more expensive than local calls. I know that is possible configure this issues using toll bypass, but, I didn´t found the Cisco site the document with step-by-step to configure this. Someone, please, help me about this?

Thanks,

Wilson

10 Replies 10

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

The additional information, my Customer work with CUCM 7.1.3, H323 (remote sites), main site (MGCP) and gateway 28xx.

Thanks,

Wilson

Yes its possible the name of this is TEHO (TAIL END HOP OFF) take a look on this documentation:

Configuration Tutorial

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le31/le46/cln/qlm/CCVP/cipt2/implementing-teho-with-pstn-backup-2/player.html

CUCM Documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fslrg.html

Rate this if helps you

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi Leonardo,

Thank You for sent to me the documentation. I read the documentation, but, not stayed clear for me that this configuration can help the cost-cutting. This is need for my Customer "cost-cutting".

Thanks,

Wilson

TEHO:The goal is to route a call using the IP WAN as close to the final PSTN destination as possible.

Toll-bypasS: uses the WAN link for call routing to avoid PSTN charges for intersite calls

Note: Some countries do not allow TEHO. When implementing TEHO, ensure that the

deployment complies with national legal requirements.

My question is what do you need?

The IP Phones of this sites are registered in CUCM? If yes they will use the IP WAN to call each other.

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi Leonardo,

The scenario is following (For example):

Site A = Area code 11

Site B = Area code 19

Site C = Area code 17

Site D = Area code 18

When a user Site A dialing for a user site B (for example) the call is did by Callmanager. What the Customer need: (for example) The user located in site A call for another user that is in the same area code B, the call can be considered local call. In Brazil this type call is DDD (direct distance dialing). My customer would like know if is possible the Call site A pass first site B after then end user. In this way the call would local call not DDD and the cost would less.

I am sorry by my english

Thanks,

Wilson

Hello Wilson,

Here ins Brazil we can do that, for example let me see if understand you:

User A in SP - User B in RJ

You wanna to transform this DDD in a local call correct?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi Leonardo,

Yes, Basically is this.

Customer Site A                      Customer Site B

Code 11                                       Code 19

User site A dialing for another user the same area code B (not user in customer site B). The ideia is: when user Site A dial to user that is the same area code B, the call pass first Site B then the call arrived the end user. In this way the call pass be local and not DDD.

Thanks,

Wilson

In this example, we dial 0 as the acces code, you need to adapt this according to your dian plan.

Route Pattern:

00[1-9][^0]21.[2-6]XXXXXXX - Route pattern to route DDD Calls to RJ.

Route List:

RL_TEHO:

1° Choice

Route Group: - use a predot, and prefix an zero and the call will be routed as local

RJ_GW

2° Choice

Route Group: - If the IP WAN is out the call will be routed like DDD

SP_GW

Rate this if helps you.

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi Leonardo,

This way the call is going directly. I don´t see the call pass by site B. The call need pass by site B. Each site have the identification code

Thanks,

Wilson

No wilson in cucm you will route this call to RJ_GW.

Por exemplo de sp eu disco para o rio, no cucm eu crio um route pattern, aponto para o route list, dentro deste route list eu tenho duas opções, em primeiro o gateway do rio para as chamadas sairem como local, em segundo o gateway de sp caso a WAN esteja fora a chamada é roteada como DDD.

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: