cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help To Connect PSTN-FXO PORT and Cisco Ip Phone 7912

mdrangell22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have like a month studying VoIP, and I want to do a lab with a CME 7.1 , a line pstn with the number +058-251-9998 (Example number) , and one cisco ip phone 7912, and I want this Ip Phone 7912 does outside calls to the PSTN.

How can I configured the port voice 0/0/0 which is connected to the PSTN's line mentionated previously in the FXO?

I think that I dont have a CPA I need that the extention of my cisco Ip phone 7912 must be exactly to the pstn, for example my extention can be 9998?, So I am doing that the number of my extention matchs with the last four digits of my line number, is this necessary, or I can put any number on my extension?

1 Reply 1

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I would suggest you to refer to the following link, though it talks about T1/E1 the concept would be the same for FXO.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/digital-ccs/14072-direct-inward-dial.html

you can do the following configuration under port for inbound calls to work:

dial-peer voice 3 pots
incoming called-number +058251....$ 
direct-inward-dial

for outbound you may do the following:

dial-peer voice 4 pots
destination-pattern .T
forward-digits all
port 0/0/0

Please rate and mark if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: