Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP! What phone is this!

boykomc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone.

Due to Covid we no longer have the gal at our business that did all of our phone stuff.  She moved to another industry.  SO, I am left trying to figure things out. What type of phone is this and also what is the side piece called?  I also need to know how I can access user guides so we can actually use the phone!  

Thank you so much!!

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This Cisco IP Phone, Turn back the phone you see model of the Cisco phone ( Looks for me 8800 series phone)

Google with the IP Phone mode and configuration guide (you get many documents and you tube channels too)

any further assistance ping us.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can find that on your own two ways, the gear icon provides you with the configuration menu, if you have full access you have the option to see device information, model, firmware, etc.

OR simply pick up the device and look at the tag on the back with the model number.

Looks like a 8851/8861 but you are the only one that could tell for sure by doing any of the above.

The device on the side is commonly referred to as a side car, the official name is kem (key expansion module)

User guides can be found by simple googling: cisco < device model > + user guide

Those are end user guides.

The phone has to be registered to a call control agent, CUCM or CME most usually, and you would need to perform any admin tasks there (call routing, features, day to day admin tasks, add users, etc). If you're unfamiliar with that, I would strongly suggest you outsource the voice admin responsibilities to a reputable consultant or a Cisco partner WITH voice specializations, or hire someone with Cisco UC knowledge to manage your system.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate