Views
Helpful
Replies

Help With Call Manager Bulk Administration

jcarrabine1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sure there is a way to do this I'm just not sure how:

When someone leaves the company and is back filled by someone else there is a whole host of other people who have the old persons name on their side car or phone as a speed dial. Is there a bulk aministration that can "find and replace" the old person name with the new? I was trying to just rely on people to let me know when they needed updating,......but you know how THAT goes.

Thank you.                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I typically advise users to login to the ccmuser interface and manage their own speeddials, upselling the fact that they can manage their speeddials at will, forward their phone remotely (with remote access of course), etc.

I wouldn't make the updates via sql directly, but if you're managing speeddials then pulling data via sql on the cli will save you time.

ie 'run sql select * from speeddial where label like '%xyz%'

or '...where speeddialnumber = '1234'

speeddial and blfspeeddial are the relevant tables.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, BAT doesn't have that capability.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Just curious then....how do you keep up with it all? I assign speed dials to people link a Ronco Rotisserie..."I set it and forget it". If they don't tell me to update then it seems that things get messy real quick.

I typically advise users to login to the ccmuser interface and manage their own speeddials, upselling the fact that they can manage their speeddials at will, forward their phone remotely (with remote access of course), etc.

I wouldn't make the updates via sql directly, but if you're managing speeddials then pulling data via sql on the cli will save you time.

ie 'run sql select * from speeddial where label like '%xyz%'

or '...where speeddialnumber = '1234'

speeddial and blfspeeddial are the relevant tables.

Yes you are right it is time to unleash ccmuser. It's all ready to go, but I need to get a training sheet together, and then it's on them...

Thanks that really is the best solution. I have enough to worry about:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: