Views
Helpful
Replies

help with E1 config in Dubai

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I am hoping there are some CISCO voip guys out there in Dubai who can help me. I am based in UK and im trying to get a E1 up and running in Dubai.

The provider ETISALAT have provided me a E1 that I have connected to a MGCP gateway.

The problem is I dont know what settings to use, i have tried a few and nothing works. The local guy on site has been trying to contact the provider but so far they have not responded.

Can anyone suggest a setting that may work with this provider?

Regards

Colin

3 Replies 3

giles
Level 1
Level 1

Just a thought: you may need to route your traffic over a VPN as many of the telcos in the GCC block voip traffic

Good luck getting any sense out of Etisalat. I tried to get them to do a payment gateway once and it took 3 days to find anyone who even knew what that was. We never did get it working...

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I thought i would answer my own question since it may help some other people out there. Etisalat used the following settings

Line code HDB3

Framing CRC4

Encap HDLC

Isdn switch-type primary-net5

My e1 is up and running now on my MGCP gateway, i used the standard euro settings to get it working.

All i have to do now if fix a one way transmission issue.

regards

colin

Thanks for the information; i'll be out in Dubai next week installing a new cluster.

Do you know whether I need a cable with special pin-outs between the NTU and the Gateway, or can I use a regular straight through ethernet?

Cheers,

Phil