Views
Helpful
Replies

help with E1 config in Dubai

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I am hoping there are some CISCO voip guys out there in Dubai who can help me. I am based in UK and im trying to get a E1 up and running in Dubai.

The provider ETISALAT have provided me a E1 that I have connected to a MGCP gateway.

The problem is I dont know what settings to use, i have tried a few and nothing works. The local guy on site has been trying to contact the provider but so far they have not responded.

Can anyone suggest a setting that may work with this provider?

Regards

Colin

3 Replies 3

giles
Level 1
Level 1

Just a thought: you may need to route your traffic over a VPN as many of the telcos in the GCC block voip traffic

Good luck getting any sense out of Etisalat. I tried to get them to do a payment gateway once and it took 3 days to find anyone who even knew what that was. We never did get it working...

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I thought i would answer my own question since it may help some other people out there. Etisalat used the following settings

Line code HDB3

Framing CRC4

Encap HDLC

Isdn switch-type primary-net5

My e1 is up and running now on my MGCP gateway, i used the standard euro settings to get it working.

All i have to do now if fix a one way transmission issue.

regards

colin

Thanks for the information; i'll be out in Dubai next week installing a new cluster.

Do you know whether I need a cable with special pin-outs between the NTU and the Gateway, or can I use a regular straight through ethernet?

Cheers,

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: