Helpful
Replies

Help with Extension Transfer Rules

AmbryTodd
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM: System version: 8.6.2.20000-2

Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.6.2.20000-76

Above is the versions we are running. I seem to be having a bit of an issue. I am a rookie when it comes to the Cisco phone system so its likely something blatant I am missing. Our system is setup to call a mainline number and after 5 rings it then rolls over to another extension. If that extension doesnt pickup it hits that extensions voicemail.

Nowhere in the system can I find the initial line transfer to x partition after x rings. Where can I find this? doing call routing -> route plan report and looking up the mainline number Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings doesnt show a forward anywhere on the line. I dont see anything under the CTI route report either.

I cannot seem to find where I am missing this transfer setup.

4 Replies 4

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Are you looking for the "No Answer Ring Duration (seconds) field?  It is in the DN configuration page under the Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings..

I dont see it there. Basically if you calll our main phone # lets say the number is -1-800-222-4000 so the extension 4000 currently rings 5 times then if there is no answer it will transfer to an extension 4050. I am trying to find where in the system extension 4000 is transfering to 4050. I dont see it anywhere.

I am trying to transfer it to a different number.

I see.  I assume extension 4000 is configured on a phone, correct?  If so, when you go into the config page for that extension - under the CF and cal Pickup Settings - are the settings set to forward to voicemail (checkbox) or under the destination is there the extension 4050.

It does not sound like x4000 is a phone though and your sure it's not a CTI RP.

That is an interesting question.... 4000 does exist as an extension but those settings as show below are not configured. it doesnt tie in to a phone. we use attendant console for that #. But if nobody picks up the 4000 line after 5 rings it auto tranfers to 4050.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: