cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with LDAP filter

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

I just enabled the LDAP sync on my CallManager 8.6 server and I'd like to set up a filter to not sync any account that has the telephoneNumber field blank. Would (telephoneNumber! ) be correct?      

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is one that will only bring in users with telephoneNumber that starts with "+" sign or "1", you can adjust it to include other numbers by simply adding clauses for those:

(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(|(telephoneNumber=+*)(telephoneNumber=1*)))

HTH,

Chris

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It should look like this..

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(telephoneNumber=*)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both for the quick replies. Two questions.... First what is the difference between the two filters listed above. Secondly, Chris, our extensions start with either a 1, 3, 5, or 8. How do I account for this?

If you look closely they are very similar and both would work, the main difference is that Deji's filter checks if user is inactive in AD. As to the number you can use Deji's method of simple wildcard "*".

HTH,

Chris

They are very similar except that one will import all users with telephoneNumber fieldd set to anything and the other will import only users with telephoneNumber starting with either 1 or +

You can use the filter below which uses the wildcard *

(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(telephoneNumber=*)(!

(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both. I'm going to try Deji's filter and see what I get.

Ok cool. Lets know how you get on...In the mean time..dont forget to rate all useful posts!

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

So I asked TAC to look this over and the string they gave me was (&(objectClass=user)(telephoneNumber=*))

I applied it and it seems to be working successfully.

Well we already gave you that filter, I guess you feel more comfortable with TAC. But be aware that the filter TAC gave you will import users who are disabled in your AD. I am sure you dont want to import disabled users. You can test it by creating a test user and then disable the user..then perform a fresh ldap sync and I bet they willl appear in cucm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: