cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with no answer call rollover

AmbryTodd
Level 1
Level 1

We have our system where if somoene calls in it goes to one number but after X amount of rings it rolls over to another extension. How do I either change that to another extension or add a 3rd extesnion that after 1 ring there it rolls over to a third extension? Cannot seem to find this anywhere.

We are running CUCMBE 8.6

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Todd,

The Forward No Answer settings are done on the Directory Number

config page;

Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings
Voice Mail Destination Calling Search Space
Calling Search Space Activation Policy
or
Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All
or
or
or
or
or
or
or
or
or

Via Device> Phone> Search for DN> DN config

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

Hi

As rob confirmed, thats the setting for the call forward no answer after certain seconds to divert to 2nd phone, however in my understanding, you won't be able to divert from 2nd phone to the 3rd phone.

Please rate if this helps, by clicking the stars below

Thanks

AmbryTodd
Level 1
Level 1

Rob thanks for the reply. It doesnt appear that is how it works with the main line. say our main like is 1000. If that doesnt have an answer after thing rings it rolls over to 1005. What I am trying to do is either replace 1005 with 1010 or after 1 ring at 1005 roll that over to 1010.

Looking at the call forward for line 1000 there is nothing there poinitng to 1005 as your screen shot shows. So there must be another area/feature that also enables this functionality. Maybe a find me follow me? I am unsure. I think i tried to tackle this before with no luck. The vendor who set this up we are no longer in contact with.

I checked in the unity and didnt see anything pointing to that. I know after 5pm our phone system goes to the call tree. But cannot seem to locate where this setting currently is.

Todd,

May be a hunt group is what is used. Have a look and see if there is a hunt group and the hunt pilot is extension 1000

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

There is Line Group and Hunt List.

Line group points to UnityConnection and looks like the directory numbrs are 16 internal only extensions either for calls or voicemail it seems.

Hunt list has a Unity hunt list that only has the selected group as above line list.

The Hunt pilot links to the direct extension for voice mail.

---

None of these seem to be for the main line calling.

This is what I have for it.

Todd,

The screen shot shows that the main line number 5500 is permanently diverted to voicemail. Do you play a welcome message or prompt to callers? To know what happens when this number is dialled, you need to go to unity connection and see the call routing configured for this number. Thats why you will know how calls are routed. It is most likely a call handler configured with extension 5500. You need to look at the after greeting action of the call handler. You can post screen shot here

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

We do have an auto-attendant that picks up after 5pm weekdays. But until 5pm the calls come directly into an attendant console "5500" and if they dont answer after 3 rings it rolls over to a group 5980 which people have associated as a second line on their phones.

Hope that makes sense.

So if 5980 is a second line on the phones..then I am not sure I get what the problem is. What type of attendant console are you using? The overflow is configured on the console to 5980. If you want to change the extension the number goes to, it will be from the console application

I will check the attendant console server, but that really just serves as a GUI for the users more than anything. My problem is I cant figure out where to change after X rings switch to 5980 extension. And I want to either add a third extension after 1 ring on 5980 goto 5982. if not then to make it just go to 5982.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Todd,

Can you please post up a screen shot of the Phone & DN pages for

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: