cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with STCAPP error when setting up dial plan

keith Kress
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. New to Cisco here and need some guidance.

My system is a. UC520-8U-2BRI-K9. The system has 2 BRI ports built in which i do not plan to use at all, So i purchased a VIC2 FXO card.

Card seems to work fine on incoming calls when setting up incoming rules in CCA. Also things work fine when adding the line to a button on one of the phones.

However i would like to configure the line to not appear on any of the phones, instead having to dial an access code such as 9 to grab the line.

This is the error i get: ERROR:destination pattern cannot be configured when stcapp is configured on a dialpeer

Here is the commands i am using.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? how do i remove STCAP? and configure for US dialing?

UC520#configure terminal
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
UC520(config)#voice-port 0/2/1
UC520(config-voiceport)#connection plar 801
UC520(config-voiceport)#caller-id enable
UC520(config-voiceport)#exit
UC520(config)#dial-peer voice 2 pots
UC520(config-dial-peer)#dial-peer voice 1 pots
UC520(config-dial-peer)#destination-pattern 9[2-9]......
ERROR:destination pattern cannot be configured when stcapp is configured on a dialpeer

Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Keith,

Glad to help! Please rate the helpful posts and accept it as an answer if it helped. Regarding the query for 1800 numbers, you can either create another dial-peer, specify the FXO port under it and set the destination pattern to 91800T or you can create only one dial-peer and set the destination pattern as 9T which will cover the complete US dial-plan.

HTH

Aseem

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi keith,

Can you please attach the running configuration?

Aseem

Thank you for your reply Aseem, Attached is the running config

Hi Keith,

FXO ports are just H323 ports. Stcapp is always configured for FXS and is never configured for FXO ports or FXO ports should never be associated with a stcapp dial-peer.

You can try to remove the dial-peer by running the command "no dial-peer voice 1 pots " and reconfigure it without the stcapp command.

Aseem

Thank you so much. i will try that and report back when i can as to the result of that command.

That worked! Thank you so much! One more question for you. The only problem i have now however is the dialing. I have the destination pattern set as 9[2-9]......

which does not allow me to dial 1-800-XXX numbers XXX-XXXX. How would i set up that destination pattern to allow me to how the option to dial 1-800-XXX-XXXX or 1-Area code-XXX-XXXX calls?

Toll fraud or blocking numbers isnt an issue, this system is in my home.

Hi Keith,

Glad to help! Please rate the helpful posts and accept it as an answer if it helped. Regarding the query for 1800 numbers, you can either create another dial-peer, specify the FXO port under it and set the destination pattern to 91800T or you can create only one dial-peer and set the destination pattern as 9T which will cover the complete US dial-plan.

HTH

Aseem

Once again thank you, Rated accordingly :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: