Helpdesk message

jprovine@uic.edu
Beginner
Beginner

cucm
System version: 11.5.1.14900-11

Cisco Unity Connection Administration
Version 11.5.1.14900-11

I want to set up a message for the helpdesk phone to have a message from  5pm to 8am that says

“We are sorry but the helpdesk is closed, hours are 8am-5pm, please leave a message or submit a ticket.”

Them between working hours 8am to 5pm when they line is busy 

“We are sorry but all agents are busy, please submit a ticket or stay on the line for the next available agent.”

I really need a step by step instruction cause I have no idea how to do this and have it switches messages

2 REPLIES 2

Nithin Eluvathingal
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

This can be done by Unity connection. But If you have no idea about the systems which you use,i would suggest to involve a partner good in voice to assist you. 

Help desk number is assigned on a single phone or is it a part of a hunt group ?

Response Signature

jprovine@uic.edu
Beginner
Beginner

@Nithin Eluvathingal 

I am trying to get my boss to get the correct contracts associated with our phone systems so I can put in a support ticket . I am familiar with hunt groups but no hunt group, no line list no, hunt pilot configured. But it's a single number distributed to several phones and it appears there is a call handler configured , and a CTI route point.  It looks like it is partially configured and not finished and of course I don't want to break anything on the phones since they are in use

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: