Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide the DN for internal calls

o.artigny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I thougt I would find this in the archive, but I did not. Is there a way to hide the DN of a caller for internal calls ?

We have no IPCC and we are using CCM 4.1(3)

Thanks

Olivier

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

It's in the archives somewhere, it's been talked about for sure. I've asked and replied to a few. ;)

But for a quick review, there is no 'line' level configuration option to do what you are asking. This is one of those things that Cisco wants you to do with partitions and calling search spaces.

Essentially, you set up a partition called PrivateCaller_PT and a search space called PrivateCaller_CSS.

Create a translation that matches your internal dialplan, say 4XX if you only have 3digit extensions that start with 4, and in the calling party transformation parameters Calling Line ID Presentation & Calling Name Presentation set to Restricted.

This will achieve what you are looking for, in principle, anyways.

In the past you would have to add additional translation patterns with more precise DNs to 'not block' calling ID to specific numbers, i.e. security, however, they have added the "Ignore Presentation Indicators (internal calls only)" parameter on the device which will ignore the translation pattern.

You wil find that you will be doubling up on your calling search spaces in order to achieve this. For example, if you have 6 calling search spaces for your area, you have the potential of someone in each calling search space not wanting to display their calling ID.

See how that works and let us know.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

It's in the archives somewhere, it's been talked about for sure. I've asked and replied to a few. ;)

But for a quick review, there is no 'line' level configuration option to do what you are asking. This is one of those things that Cisco wants you to do with partitions and calling search spaces.

Essentially, you set up a partition called PrivateCaller_PT and a search space called PrivateCaller_CSS.

Create a translation that matches your internal dialplan, say 4XX if you only have 3digit extensions that start with 4, and in the calling party transformation parameters Calling Line ID Presentation & Calling Name Presentation set to Restricted.

This will achieve what you are looking for, in principle, anyways.

In the past you would have to add additional translation patterns with more precise DNs to 'not block' calling ID to specific numbers, i.e. security, however, they have added the "Ignore Presentation Indicators (internal calls only)" parameter on the device which will ignore the translation pattern.

You wil find that you will be doubling up on your calling search spaces in order to achieve this. For example, if you have 6 calling search spaces for your area, you have the potential of someone in each calling search space not wanting to display their calling ID.

See how that works and let us know.

Thanks for this response.

It's technicaly interesting and I'll try for myself, just in case I really need to use it.

However, for my users (IT Helpdesk group), I'll just go with two lines on each phone. Line 1 will be shared on all devices and forwarded. Line two will be their "secret" line. I'll just explain that they must not use the second line to place calls, but just the first one.

Ever since I saw it, I was wondering what was this "Ignore Presentation indicators"

Thanks again

That's what we do as well. ;)

You can also create a pseudo *67 service on the system using a similar translation, so that all calls behave as normal, until the user dials *67. The translation pattern would then be *67.XXX and you would drop pre-dot. I think the drop pre-dot is available in translation patterns. Providing dialtone would help as well.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lelio,

Great answer here! You get my 5 points on this one :)

Thanks!

Rob