Views
Helpful
Replies

High IOWAIT: CiscoDRFMaster writing logs like crazy

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a CUCM 8.6.2.22900-9 running, but this issue also occured when it was just version 8.6.2a.

Our CUCM seems to be rather slow, and when I open the RTMT it says we have high IOWAIT. To verify this, I went to the System Status and I see the IOWAIT is 35%. Now I take a look at the Process list in RTMT, and it seems the CiscoDRFMaster process is using up 30-35% CPU time.

To see what it's doing, I opened the Cisco DRF Master logs from the last 5 minutes. It appeared that this process is writing EIGHT 1MB logs every SECOND, and it's completely filled with this error:

2012-08-30 10:37:26,066 DEBUG [NetServerClient-krecucm01] - drfNetServerClient. Reconnect: Object InStream to be created

2012-08-30 10:37:26,066 DEBUG [NetServerClient-krecucm01] - drfNetServerClient.run, caught general exception from host: [krecucm01], message: null, cause: null

java.lang.NullPointerException

Does anyone know what this could be?

Regards,

Ruud van Strijp

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dou you have any kind of traces enabled for the DRS services?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi java,

Thank you very much, somehow logging indeed was enabled for this service. Disabling tracing caused the IOWAIT to drop back to below 1%.

However, this didn't solve the issue of the service running at high CPU usage. This is even 49% at the moment, I guess because it's still generating issues, just not logging those.

Regards,

Ruud van Strijp

Hi,

Last week we upgraded to CUCM 9.0.1-37, but I still have these issues. Our CPU load is very high (70%), all caused by the CiscoDRFMaster service running on 50% CPU usage.

Are there any logs I can check to see why the DRFMaster would use so much CPU?

Regards,

Ruud van Strijp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: