Views
Helpful
Replies

HL10 Handset Lifter and Cisco 7962

sevans4262
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to use the HL 10 lifter with my phone, but every time it lifts the handset to take an incoming call, it deactivates the headset and sends the call to the handset. So, how can you permanently enable the headset or disable the handset?

What is the HL10 Lifter.. find out here

Thanks for the help.

Btw, the headset is working just fine with the phone (CS50).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Stephen,

The phone is always going to send the call to the handset when the lifter operates (as the handset is now off the hook), the Plantronics headset need to be connected to the handset port on the phone and you just ignore the headset button/function/port on the phone.

On a CS60 the settings on the base station is B 1

Hope this helps, if not the me know and I will try to assist further.

If this help please rate the post.

Craig

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Stephen,

The phone is always going to send the call to the handset when the lifter operates (as the handset is now off the hook), the Plantronics headset need to be connected to the handset port on the phone and you just ignore the headset button/function/port on the phone.

On a CS60 the settings on the base station is B 1

Hope this helps, if not the me know and I will try to assist further.

If this help please rate the post.

Craig

Thanks Craig, that was the problem. I had it plugged into the headset port. Switched the port and adjusted the "Telephone Configuration Dial" on the headset base till I got a dial tone and it worked no problem. Thank you for the quick response! Now I can make full use of my Christmas gift!

Well, that worked to get me to hear them, but they cannot hear me. Not sure why. The lifter picked up the call and I could hear everything from their end. Is there a reason for that?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stephen,

If you are using a "Lifter" kit, then you must bypass the use of the Headset

button and wire it up as you would a standard telephone that doesn't have a seperate

Headset jack.As you have discovered, this won't work any other way

Headset Kit to phone (connect to Handset jack on base of 7941)

Handset from 7941 into Headset kit adaptor.

You may want to test the  new HHC (Headset Hookswitch Control) with Cordless Headsets  (Plantronics and Jabra) where the user will be able to answer calls from  the Headset itself without the use of a Handset Lifter. We use quite a few of these setups and they are really awesome and far cleaner.

For Plantronics;

With the use  of an Adaptor Part # APC-4 (called the HHC Adaptor) which plugs into  the Aux Port on the base of the phone allows calls to be answered and  disconnected via the Headset without the use of the Lifter

HHC adapter  (APC-4) Product Information

http://plantronics.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/plantronics.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9880&p_created=1207353166

For  GN Netcom/Jabra (see attached)

Cheers!

Rob

EDIT: +5 to you Craig. You beat my horrific typing skills here my friend! Great answer

Attachments:

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stephen,

Have you tried adjusting the little wheel on the side of the CS-50 base/charger? We use lots of CS-50's and the wheel setting of 4 works well with 796x's.

Cheers!

Rob

Yes, that is what I had to adjust to get the dial tone in the first place. I'll try adjusting it again.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stephen,

You may have accidentally pushed on the Mute button on the CS55 as well

as it's really easy to do (Black button on end is volume/mute)

You may also need to try a reset or re-sync as shown in the attachment

Cheers!

Rob

That did it. Thank you. It was on 3. I had to turn the dial all the way to 1 in order to be heared. I've done a few test calls and looks like it is working fully now. Also, thanks for the .pdf. I bought mine used and didnt get all the documentation.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: