cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I access my Call Handlers from outside line (outside district)

Joseph Spagnoli
Level 1
Level 1

CISCO VoIP System Info:

Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.6.2ES25.21900-25

CM Admin System version: 8.6.2.21900-5 on C200M2 Servers

Our engineer setup our Call Handlers so that in our to change the recordings on them, you diall 7800 from a phone inside the office, or as he put it in the procedures, from within the district.  Once you dial, you need to enter the user code, password, then the extension of the Call Handler, and we have no problems recording/changing any Call Handlers.  However, due to possible inclement weather approaching in the next few weeks, I was asked how we cna change them from an outside line (manager's home, etc.).  We cannot access from an outside line.  7800 is not a DID, it is simply the extension he assigned to access the call handlers.  I even went so far as to setup a dummy phone and forward it to 7800, but this does not work either.  It forwards to the extension's voicemail.  Is there a way we can access the Call Handlers from an outside line?  Any help would be gretaly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Joseph,

Go Flames ....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr maybe not so much

What you are trying to get to is really just the Greetings Administrator

conversation and there are multiple ways to get there.

For example, you can set up a Caller Input off any mailbox (Press 1-9) let's say 7 to

go to Conversation> Greetings Administrator. So you could set this on the managers mailbox

and when he calls his own number from home once his greeting

kicks in he can press 7 to link to the Greetings Administrator conversation

or

You could set up a DID DN xxx-xxx-2345 as a CTI-RP and set Call Forward All to reach Unity Connection.

In this case you will need to use the Forwarded Routing Rules = xxx-xxx-2345 route to

Greetings Administrator. Make sure to move this rule to the bottom of the list!!

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Joseph,

Go Flames ....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr maybe not so much

What you are trying to get to is really just the Greetings Administrator

conversation and there are multiple ways to get there.

For example, you can set up a Caller Input off any mailbox (Press 1-9) let's say 7 to

go to Conversation> Greetings Administrator. So you could set this on the managers mailbox

and when he calls his own number from home once his greeting

kicks in he can press 7 to link to the Greetings Administrator conversation

or

You could set up a DID DN xxx-xxx-2345 as a CTI-RP and set Call Forward All to reach Unity Connection.

In this case you will need to use the Forwarded Routing Rules = xxx-xxx-2345 route to

Greetings Administrator. Make sure to move this rule to the bottom of the list!!

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

Rob,

You are a GENIUS!  Thank you so much - the caller input option worked like a charm.

Now, with regards to those Flames....at least you guys have 14 pts, and not 9 pts, like some other team from Philly that I cheer for     You can have Emery if you like - he's a good fighter.....LOL

Hey Joseph,

You are always welcome buddy!

Yes, 9 points is very sad but 14 isn't much better Emery and a

bag of pucks for Burke...hahahaha!

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band