cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I configure to send SDP in 180 or 183?

designmethis
Level 1
Level 1

On Cisco trunk within Cisco CUCM how can I configure to send SDP in 180 or 183? We have enabled early media. I can send more info if this is not a direct setting/configuration change.

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why do you want to send SDP in 183? What are you trying to achieve?

Please rate all useful posts

Maybe you need to add PRACK support on CUCM Trunk.

Have you tried to change the SIP Profile? Under "SIP Rel1xx Options" choose enable.

Regards,

Ulderico

I tried this and nothing appears to change. This may be a piece of the issue though, not sure. I appreciate it.

My suggestion is to collect a packet capture on CUCM and the see what is going on with SIP. Furthermore, have you tried to put a flag the "MTP required" field? Sometimes helps.

Ulderico

You should use a custom SIP Profile applied on the SIP Trunk versus IVR.

In this custom SIP Profile, try to enable PRACK support, under "SIP Rel1xx Options" choose "Send PRACK for all 1xx messages".

Regards,

Ulderico

We configuring an IVR system with a third party. This third party cannot connect the audio streams after transferring call (not a true transfer just trying to tie 2 trunks together on their end). They are telling us to troubleshoot further that there should be SDP sent in 183 from CUCM. Right now it is:

IVR <--> CUCM

> INVITE SDP

< 100 Trying

< 180 Ringing

< 200 OK SDP

> ACK

< RTP

They are telling us they need SDP sent before the 200 OK on either 180/183.

designmethis
Level 1
Level 1

This is resolved via patch on 3rd party IVR server. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: