Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I connect Cisco 6921 to third UC system by using SIP protocol

fly
Level 2
Level 2

Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently I  convet my cisco 6921 to sip firmware  and want to connect to another vendor SIP UC system , I create a xml config file( please see attach) , and established a tftp server., and upload config xml file to tftp

I **#**  on 6921, and  I can see tftp server send config file to cisco 6921.

But I can't connect third vendor UC system ,I config sip user name and password on third sip UC system.

I can see log file on cisco 6921, and 6921 config correct ip address of third UC system . But 6921 can't get tone from handset.

please attach log file of 6921

thank you 

Tom

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking at your log, seems like an issue with TFTP, check option 150 and domain name.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi, thank you!

I just connect 6921 sip to cucm,and create a SEPXXXXXXXXXXX.cnf.xml,sgn

I download this  xml config file from cucm and reconfig it  according third party SIP server.

and I upload to new tftp server. **#**.

Finally ,I made it, cisco 6921can register to third party SIP Server.

amazing , I can make phone call to this 6921. I made it.

but I have a small problem, after I pickup handset of 6921, and press one button it immediately dial out. 6921 didn't wait I press another number , I can only put handset one the 6921, and press all number ,and pick handset , I can dialout full telephone number by this way

I think there is some config in xml file to affect this , but i haven't find it.

thank you!

I made it.

Tom 

Hi, Dennis,

I got it work,  I dowload SEPxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xml file from cucm ,and reconfig it with third SIP system, upload new tftp server, init phone 6921,  this time 6921 can register to third SIP system.

and I can call 6921 from another phone. but i found a problem

when i dial first number of remote phone for example remote phone number is 6789, when I press number 6 button, phone 6921 don't wait me to finish dial second number, 6921 immediately dial 6 out.

is this third SIP system problem?

thank you

Tom