cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I determine which Codec is in use in CM?

just4fun88
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

here is the thing:

We have some small locations which are using the lower codec G729 to save bandwith over WAN.

Now I want to determine which locations has the configuration set up for G729 and which is location is using G711 codec for calling.

Where can I find this information for each location in the Call Manager (v8.5)?

I hope you can help me.

Regards

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The codec to use is defined in the region setting of the device pool for the phone.

When two phones are in the same device pool, by default they will use G711. When they are in a different device pool, they will use the region setting between their regions.

EG if DP1 has region_1, DP2, has reg_2. If reg_1 and reg_2 is set to use G729, the the phones will use G729.

Another way to know what codec is use is this..When a call is connected between two phones, press the ? button on the phone(twice) and it will show you the negtiated codec

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The codec to use is defined in the region setting of the device pool for the phone.

When two phones are in the same device pool, by default they will use G711. When they are in a different device pool, they will use the region setting between their regions.

EG if DP1 has region_1, DP2, has reg_2. If reg_1 and reg_2 is set to use G729, the the phones will use G729.

Another way to know what codec is use is this..When a call is connected between two phones, press the ? button on the phone(twice) and it will show you the negtiated codec

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

just4fun88
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for!