cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Do I add a third phone line on the 7960

DavidValentiner
Level 1
Level 1

I have the 7960 phone and would like to add a second line (the first two were already set up for me).  I have read other posts and realize that the phones are naturally set up for 2 lines and 4 speed dials, but I don't know how to set a new profile.  I cannot find the "Device" button on my phone.  Thanks in advance for any help.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are an end user?

I ask because you mention you can't find the device button on your phone. You really should be looking for the device menu, in CCMAdmin.

If you're an end user reach your IT department as this is not something you can do via the phone.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The default phone button template for a 7960 is a 2 x 4 template.

You simply need to copy the existing template, and modify the phone button template to have more lines.  Once you have done this, you can apply the phone button template to the phone in question and the additional DN appearances will appear.

Thanks Java and Clifford.  I am checking with my IT dept.   Clifford, I don't know how to "copy the existing template, and modify the phone button template."  I'm not sure what that means.  Thanks

David,

See: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b06phtmp.html

Cliff

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this email transmission is confidential information which may contain information that is legally privileged and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone to arrange for the return of the original transmission to us.

dksingh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you are using CUCM. If you are the CCM administrator

(not end user) you can try following...

From CCM Administration

Device--->Device Settings--->Phone Button Template

Then Click on Standard 7960 SCCP
Copy this and rename it
Modify the Line for each button (1-6) as desired and save.
Apply button template to the desired phone by selecting
this profile for the "Phone Button Template"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: