cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I assign a line to a phone based on a time schedule?

mstrz
Level 1
Level 1

For example, we have receptionist 1 that comes in at 8am, and a receptionist 2 at 12pm. I would like to create a schedule that assigns the main line to receptionist 1 at 8am, and removes it at 12pm. Currently I have to do this manually in CUCM. Is this possible to do using a schedule?

(I am using Callmanager 12.0)

5 Replies 5

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @mstrz 

You may consider enabling Extension Mobility on the 2 phone devices (of the Secretaries) and Create Device Profiles for the 2 Secretaries, in order to let them login to their phones, based on their time-schedule.

Below you will find the procedure of enabling the extension mobilty:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/configuring-extension-mobility-on-cucm-10-x/ta-p/3137666

I hope this helps,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

I should have specified that the early receptionist doesn't leave at 12pm, so they can't just log out. I'm just trying to have coverage of the main extension start at 8am, then move the extension to another phone at 12pm. 

It doesn't even have to be moved, it can even just be silenced or stop ringing on the first phone.

Considering your comment, you may need to consider applying Time of Day Routing:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/109588-tod-routing-example00.html

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hmm that looks like it might work, that's very helpful. How would this affect shared extensions? 

You shouldn’t face any issues, as long as you make sure that you use the proper partitions/CSS.

Let us know if this works,

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: