Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do i configure a sip on a cp7821

i have just got a cp-7821 and i think it suports sip how do i do it pleas try and be simple i am kind of new to this stuff 

it is runing active lode sip78xx.12-0-1-11 

it is a therd party sip if you need to know it is yay.com 

help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AS Jonathan mentioned , the firmware appear to be Enterprise. MPP firmware is what you should be using for third party Sip provide.

One option, return the phone and  get a MPP version phone. Else try to convert using the details shared by Jonathan which require a license.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Could you share more details about your call control platform.

Is it a cucm, cme or Webex or third party sip provider ?

Response Signature

it is a third party sip

That firmware appears to be the Enterprise load for Cisco’s traditional call control products, eg CUCM/CME. The Multi-Platform Phone (MPP) is what you should be using; however, unless the phone came with that initially - you would see MPP or 3PCC in the product ID - converting from one to the other costs money.

Convert between Enterprise Firmware and Multiplatform Firmware for Cisco IP Phone 7800 and 8800 Series Guide 

AS Jonathan mentioned , the firmware appear to be Enterprise. MPP firmware is what you should be using for third party Sip provide.

One option, return the phone and  get a MPP version phone. Else try to convert using the details shared by Jonathan which require a license.

Response Signature

thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: