cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I prepend digits to the line mask of an inbound call?

Matthew Woods
Level 1
Level 1

Our users have to dial an outside line digit, 9, and then a long distance carrier/country code, 1, when sending calls to the PSTN.  Our users are complaining they cannot use the Missed Calls and Received calls directories to make external calls easily enough.  When pressing the 'Dial' soft key phones will dial the stored line mask that came from the inbound call.  Since the line mask will usually be ten digits for calls that ring in from the PSTN users have to press the 'Edit Dial' softkey then prepend "91" on each call.  Our users use these directories often.  Many of our users use Jabber as a SIP client and perform the same task with the "recents" menu.  The problem there cannot be solved by the client without copying the number then manually dialing a new call since there is no equivalent to 'Edit Dial'.

This cluster uses CUC and IM&P so being able to pattern match the line mask similar to a translation mask would be preferable.  Fewer functions would break as a result.  This is a high enough priority, however, I've been instructed to break whatever I must to make it work.

In CUCM 10.0 how can I prepend digits to the line mask of inbound calls?

6 Replies 6

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

Couple of ways to approach this. Just off the top of my head, you could;

• Use calling party transform masks to prepend the 9 to the calling party number on inbound calls
  • Adjust your numplan stack so that there are 10 digit egress route patterns

For Jabber clients, you may need to work with your application dial rules (if you have any configured).

Please let me know if you'd like any other assistance. 

Thanks,

Ryan

(.. Please rate helpful posts ..)

# deleted #

If you have a setup that includes SRST; use a translation pattern on your Voice gateway, to add a prefix to the Caller ID.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I've been successful with direct inbound calls by using a calling party transform mask.  I created a new CSS and Partition to perform the transformations as described in this post.  I applied the CSS and partition to the SIP trunk from which we receive calls from the PSTN.

The problem I've run into is a large number of our calls are transferred to the destination phone from a Call Handler in Unity Connect.  It didn't occur to me at the time I wrote the original question that this would be relevant.  Unfortunately, it is.  For inbound calls that first go through the IVR, the destination phone always receives the original 10-digit calling party line mask.

First I tried changing the transfer type in the Call Handler transfer rules.  No effect.  The calls transfer to CUC via SIP trunk so I tried applying a transform CSS to the Unity SIP trunk just like I did with the directly routed calls, but no dice.  I also tried performing the transformation in the SIP trunk device pool CSS and the CSS for the device pool to which the phones belong.  Neither worked.

Anyone have suggestions for applying the transform before or after the call goes through the IVR?

Another option for you,we implemented this while back and see if it suits you.

You can change the prefix in national number prefix in service parameters,if you want to to append a prefix for all the missed calls (see the attached) 

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

National Number field shows up in Q.931 signaling.  If we were using a PRI this would probably be the easiest solution, but since we use SIP for signaling the national number prefix field doesn't work.