Views
Helpful
Replies

how do i set CUCM 7 to factory default? to make it look like a fresh install

rammany19
Level 1
Level 1

hello All,

please is there a way to reset CUCM 7 to factory default? i mean to make it look like a fresh install.

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm afraid there is no reset feature, you will be able to 'clear' it if you basically delete all config, you can also use AXL or SQL queries to clear the DB, (not Cisco supported), I don't think BAT can do this for you.

Probably the easieast way to go is to just reinstall.

Christian Nuche

PDI HD Team.

View solution in original post

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Sorry to give you bad news but you can not it do unless you have either a clean DRS backup or you re-install CUCM or somehow the inactive partition is a clean build but that would only occur if you did a upgrade straight after  the original install

For Lab purposes you can use BAT Export and Import. Export all object in bat export after a fresh install. Then Import the tar and select overwrite. This will overwrite most objects. Not a production recovery but useful for labs.

CUCM 7 BAT export does not cover as many objects at CUCM 8 so this works better in ver 8.

mike

Hi

For a lab setup, it's best to use VMWare - you can then take a copy of the server whenever you like or snapshot it and roll back. For example, you could take a copy of the whole VM after the initial setup routine has run. When you want to 'clear' the configuration you can then just delete the live VM and copy the initial setup copy back in it's place.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I agree with Aaron, VM is the way to go on LABs. It is possible to overwrite some of the data in CUCM 7. (Bulk Administration -> Export/Import). There is better capabilities in UCM 8 for this. But VM with snapshots will save you the hassle of cleaning up the objects that are not supported in the import process.

mike

9 Replies 9

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm afraid there is no reset feature, you will be able to 'clear' it if you basically delete all config, you can also use AXL or SQL queries to clear the DB, (not Cisco supported), I don't think BAT can do this for you.

Probably the easieast way to go is to just reinstall.

Christian Nuche

PDI HD Team.

For Lab purposes you can use BAT Export and Import. Export all object in bat export after a fresh install. Then Import the tar and select overwrite. This will overwrite most objects. Not a production recovery but useful for labs.

CUCM 7 BAT export does not cover as many objects at CUCM 8 so this works better in ver 8.

mike

Hello

its for Lab purposes, please can you elaborate more or a link on exporting it as .tar and to overwrite the databasem

I agree with Aaron, VM is the way to go on LABs. It is possible to overwrite some of the data in CUCM 7. (Bulk Administration -> Export/Import). There is better capabilities in UCM 8 for this. But VM with snapshots will save you the hassle of cleaning up the objects that are not supported in the import process.

mike

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Sorry to give you bad news but you can not it do unless you have either a clean DRS backup or you re-install CUCM or somehow the inactive partition is a clean build but that would only occur if you did a upgrade straight after  the original install

Thanks, will need to re-install it then.

Hi

For a lab setup, it's best to use VMWare - you can then take a copy of the server whenever you like or snapshot it and roll back. For example, you could take a copy of the whole VM after the initial setup routine has run. When you want to 'clear' the configuration you can then just delete the live VM and copy the initial setup copy back in it's place.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you all for your contribution, thumb up for Aaron.

Thanks

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

On second thoughts we can do the following:

Using the recovery CD, select the w option to wipe out the hard drives..

Dont do it on production servers..LOL

HTH

Tapan