cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I set up Call Home in UCS 3.1 without Smart Call Home?

wsanders
Level 1
Level 1

It doesn't appear possible to configure Call Home in UCS Manager 3.1(2e) without registering Smart Call Home with Cisco. I cannot enter SMTP Server information without completing all of the fields in the "Ids" section (customer contract and site ID). When I enter bogus numbers in those fields so I can Save Changes, my Send System Inventory tests do not work.

I can get those IDs eventually from our VAR but for now is there a way to set up UCS to send mail to myself without setting up Smart Call Home?

-wsanders

2 Replies 2

wsanders
Level 1
Level 1

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Call home and smart call home are the same thing, except smart call home opens support cases for you.

You will need to fill out all the required fields whether using smart call home or not.

Your send inventory is not working due to SMTP issues or communication failure, this has no bearing on the information you filled into the configuration.

You need to add your email address to one of the profiles and also ensure SMTP communication is good. I would suggest running through some debugs to see where the failure is happening, otherwise open a TAC case.

UCS Smart Call Home Troubleshooting