cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you "Busy Out" a DN in CUCM 7.1.3?

I'm pretty sure I'm using the wrong terminology, but how do you busy out a DN in CUCM? Here's the problem I'm trying to solve. I have a group of users (let's call them underwriting) on DN's 1, 2, and 3.  I want to set up a hunt group such that

Line Group 1 contains DN1, DN2, and DN3 in a circular hunt patern.

Hunt Group 1 only contains Line Group 1

Hunt Pilot 1 points to Hunt Group 1

The idea being when DN1 -3 receives a call and does not answer the call forwards to Hunt Pilot 1 and the call gets shipped around the horn until someone answers or the caller hangs up (Max Hunt Timer =1800).

My question is assuming the owner od DN2 is not intoday, can I busy out (or make busy or BLF or whatever it's called) her phone so that the line group does not present a call to DN2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need to remove the user from the Line Group via CCM Admin or you can assign the HLog softkey to the phones and use that feature to log users in/out of a hunt group.  If the user is not in, you would need someone to manually press this button for you to log the user out of the hunt group.  The other alternative you have as an administrator is to go to the user's device configuration and check/uncheck the box for "Logged into Hunt Group" on the device level main page.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need to remove the user from the Line Group via CCM Admin or you can assign the HLog softkey to the phones and use that feature to log users in/out of a hunt group.  If the user is not in, you would need someone to manually press this button for you to log the user out of the hunt group.  The other alternative you have as an administrator is to go to the user's device configuration and check/uncheck the box for "Logged into Hunt Group" on the device level main page.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks David, that's exactly the info I needed. I looked at the softkeys earlier but had no idea what HLog meant.

Glad to help...