cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you setup CM to be able to call 311 and 411?

KYLE NGUYEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please give me the steps to configure our Call Manager version 9.1.2 to be able to make 311 and 411 calls?

thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to add a route pattern that will allow it.  Easiest thing to do is search your route patterns for the 9.911 pattern.  Copy that, change the 9.911 to 9.311 (and another to 9.411) and save.  Be careful because your 911 pattern is probably in a partition that every phone can reach and you may not want 411 available to everyone, as I beleive it is a premuim service (charge per use).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not being from the US, wikipedia seems to imply those are simply fixed numbers you dial and are routed to a local service center from the government or your telephone company, just as you would dial any DN on the PSTN, so, the same thing you do to dial a PSTN number in CUCM.

RP/RL/RG, etc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Our phone system is set up so that you have to dial 9 before you make an outside call. 

We can make 911 calls by dialing 9 + 911. That works.

When we try 9+311 or 9+411, it states "your call cannot be completed as dialed..." It stops us immediately after 9+3. I can't even finish pressing 11. 

And have you configured those RPs to make the calls?????

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You need to add a route pattern that will allow it.  Easiest thing to do is search your route patterns for the 9.911 pattern.  Copy that, change the 9.911 to 9.311 (and another to 9.411) and save.  Be careful because your 911 pattern is probably in a partition that every phone can reach and you may not want 411 available to everyone, as I beleive it is a premuim service (charge per use).

thanks alot! this works perfectly.