cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does CUCM 9.1 handle call forwarding?

Teddy Bowen
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone explain the call flow when forwarding a registered number to an off-net number? Basically, I'm unsure if CUCM terminates and originates the call-forward. I'm worried about incurring per-minute charges and using up channels for a forwarded number.

My environment is as follows:

GW is using MGCP

PSTN----PRI----GW----CUCM----Phone

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When CUCM forwards a call regardless registered/un-registered end point, it is making the call from your network. So you will be billed for that and its same regardless of which CUCM version you are on.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When CUCM forwards a call regardless registered/un-registered end point, it is making the call from your network. So you will be billed for that and its same regardless of which CUCM version you are on.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Depending on telco's capabilities, you could configure TBCT for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

+5 Jaime I never heard of this before.

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi,

MGCP gateway is following master/slave model and won't take any decisions related to supplementary services. This will be done by CUCM and it doesn't have any specific messages for them.

After completing the forward/transfer request by CUCM, CUCM will use MDCX/DLCX messages to redirect MGCP GW to connect to new endpoint and bridge the call legs.

Summary, you need to worry about PRI channels.

avinsrid89
Level 1
Level 1

Teddy,

Use this parameter to change the calling party number when the call exits the gateway during a call forward.

This setting can be used if you have some redirect information from inbound telco.

When you change this parameter, CUCM will add the phone that redirected the call as the calling party number. So it would still count as a call from your network. However if call was redirected outside of your network in the incoming leg, then this parameter might help as the calling number will not be from your network.

~Avinash