cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does maximum number of calls for CFB work with busy trigger?

Nis24601
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble understanding how the maximum number of calls and busy trigger work together. 

I have seen conflicting information regarding whether the max number of calls refers to only outgoing or if it refers to both outgoing and incoming. 

If  the max number of calls is set to 4 and the busy trigger is set to 2, can we have a total of 6 calls at once (4 outgoing and 2 incoming) or a total of 4 calls (with a max of 2 incoming calls)?

i know this is a beginner question but I really did not understand the admin guide for this. 

2 Replies 2

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,
"Maximum number of calls" is only affecting outgoing calls. If a device have only one line, it'll mostly affect on how many calls you can bridge to a conference. Because, for example, if you set "maximum number of calls" to 1 and in the middle of an active call you'll try to press "Conference" it won't let you and give you some error.
About you following questions:

"If the max number of calls is set to 4 and the busy trigger is set to 2, can we have a total of 6 calls at once (4 outgoing and 2 incoming) or a total of 4 calls (with a max of 2 incoming calls)?"

The answer is simple: Only 2 incoming calls are allowed to this line. But it'll let you make 4 outgoing calls, which are mostly will be conference bridging. For example, you got 2 calls, one of the calls are active and the second is on hold. Then you bridge 1 extra call to the active call, and then un-hold the second call and bridge another one over there.

Thank you very much. I have some follow up questions if you don't mind.

"Only 2 incoming calls are allowed to this line. But it'll let you make 4 outgoing calls, which are mostly will be conference bridging"
Just to make sure, these 4 outgoing are in addition to the 2 incoming, correct? As in I can have 6 simultaneous calls, 2 of which are incoming and 4 of which are outgoing.

"For example, you got 2 calls, one of the calls are active and the second is on hold. Then you bridge 1 extra call to the active call, and then un-hold the second call and bridge another one over there."
In this example I am having a hard time understanding which calls are incoming and outgoing. Would you mind clarifying it for me?