cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many characters can the phone 7841 illustrate?

Hello,

I have a question about the Cisco 7841.

We want to replace 7911 phones with 7841. Now the customer want to know how many signs/characters can that phone illustrate?

So how many characters can you see, when you get calls from other user, for example?

Or of course maximum of signs per line or something.

Greetings

Benjamin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ben,

since the display shows pixels and not an amount of characters it is hard to tell (i just use one pixel and a m 7 or so)

But per line button it uses two lines to show the name and the caller information. So even a name with 21 characters will be shown using a line break.

Directory entries for example with around 40 characters is using one long line and will show you the characters like a ticker (3seconds the first 32 characters and than 3 seconds the last characters)

Just outgoing call information will be stripped if the number is too long since the second line wil show you the timer.

Eike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Ben,

since the display shows pixels and not an amount of characters it is hard to tell (i just use one pixel and a m 7 or so)

But per line button it uses two lines to show the name and the caller information. So even a name with 21 characters will be shown using a line break.

Directory entries for example with around 40 characters is using one long line and will show you the characters like a ticker (3seconds the first 32 characters and than 3 seconds the last characters)

Just outgoing call information will be stripped if the number is too long since the second line wil show you the timer.

Eike

Hi Eike

thank you very much for your answer!

I will take that information and talk to the customer.

best regards

Ben