cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many of you have opened cases with Cisco PDI?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey guys,

My first post in over 6 years being a member of NetPro/CSC!!!

As you may know, I'm not the only PDI engineer posting here (we also got Tere, GP, Ronak and Anand), but I'm the one who has been doing this for the longest period of time and eventually became a CSC HoF.

I always sign my replies with the PDI website, and have been doing that for quite some time:

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

I know some of you guys have opened cases with us (some of you have even asked me if I'm the same guys from the HoF, and yes, I am).

Some guys open the case with us and also ask on CSC.

Some fellow CSC members mention our services when replying, and that sometimes end up in a PDI case.

My question to you, as we're trying to get an understanding of the impact on our case volume, is:

How many of you ended up knowing about PDI after opening, replying, reading, etc a CSC thread??

And how many of you, opened a case with us after becoming aware of PDI??

Appreciate your assistance on this.

Regards,

java

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
12 Replies 12

I know about PDI, but I haven't open any case with you guys. Only opened cases with TAC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Java, could you make a post or document about the differences between Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and Planning Design and Implimenting (PDI).  I'm willing to bet most people have opened TAC cases but not PDI cases. Thanks.

For starters here's the PDI FAQ for those who haven't heard of it before: http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/pdihd_faqs.html.

Joe,

That's a nice idea, we have some stuff we share with TAC but some of the support guidelines we have are quite different.

I'll try to work something out explaining the differences between TAC and PDI

In the meantime, anyone else care to share if they have opened cases with us?

HTH

java

HTH

java

yeah, i have a few times

Hi Jaime,

When i not find the answer about something here on the CSC i open a case in PDI.

The PDI is very good!

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Victor Circelli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jaime,

Just to share my answer, I always open PDI cases.

Actually I just use CsC to search for some answers/issues. If I can't find the answer, I open a PDI because you always answer in a few minutes/hours and most of the cases always solve my questions.

Sometimes you get my case

Victor Circelli.

Thanks for the input guys, the reason for this question is because as you know, PDI is not only UC/UCC, we have other technologies.

If us assisting on CSC avoids a TAC/PDI case (depending on what kind of info you ask, a case might be required, I mean NDA stuff and similar which cannot be posted here), that sure helps both, Cisco and you guys. It's also a way to showcase our expertise.

Our best scenario would be people who do just as you Victor, seach CSC, CCO, open a thread and if no answer and you're entitled, ultimately open a PDI case.

We're trying to get an idea of how beneficial that would be for DataCenter, Borderless Networks, Physical Security, etc.

java

HTH

java

Hi  , does PDI cases affect Partners Metrics?

Best Regards

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jaime,

I have opened a lot of cases with PDI and always got an answer. All of the engineers are very good.

Sometimes they go an extra mile to provide the information, links docs e.t.c.

But I have a question, is PDI only for partner support or for direct Cisco clients as well ?

Saima 

We only work with Cisco Partners that have a specialization related to the technology they want assistance with. We do not work with Partners that do not meet those requirements, or with Cisco end customers/clients

Anyone who is not entitled and wants our assistance, would need to use their SE as the middle-man for that.

HTH

java

Does anyone know what happened to the Cisco PDI helpdesk service?  I went to look for PDI earlier and when I navigate to the below URL:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/partners/tools/planning-design-implementation-technical-advisor.html

I get the follow error:

Planning, Design & Implementation (PDI) Technical Advisor

"The PDI service has been discontinued."

Is there  a plan to move this service to another org/division within Cisco?

It has been almost a year since the service stopped, the service as it was provided (free for specialized partners) has no replacement or equivalent.

HTH

java