cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many SRST branches can a UCM cluster support

wellsdavidj
Level 4
Level 4

I know I have seen a maximum number of SRST branches somewhere before but I cannot find it.

Does anybody know what the limit is and which doc I could look at to find the info?

This would be for UCM 10.0.

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming this is full blown CUCM and not BE6K/7K then 2000 remote locations has been the limit as I recall, this I believe is listed in the SRND.

Chris

Snippet from SRND:

Number of Regions and Locations

Configuration of regions and locations in the Unified CM cluster requires both database and static memory. The number of gateways that can be defined in the cluster is also tied to the number of locations that can be defined. Table 27-3 lists these limits for some of the Unified CM OVA templates.

Table 27-3 Maximum Number of Regions, Locations, Gateways, and Trunks 

OVA Template 
Maximum Number of Regions 
Maximum Number of Locations 
Maximum Number of Trunks and Gateways 

1000, 2500, or 7500 Users

10,000 Users

Whether or not you can actually define the maximum number of locations and regions in a cluster depends on how "sparse" your codec matrix is. If you have too many non-default values in the inter-region codec setting, you might not be able to scale the system to its full capacity for regions and locations. As a general rule, the change from default should not exceed 10% of the maximum number.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/sizing.html#46680

I thought that the 1,000/2,000 limit was standard branches. I thought there was a lower limit if the location/branch had SRST that maximum SRST branches was much lower.

Why would it be lower?  If you can define 2100 GWs you can surely define 2000 SRST GWs as that puts 0 stress on CUCM from capacity perspective.

It didn't make sense to me either. Maybe there isn't a limit. I thought I saw something maybe at a Cisco event that had a surprisingly low SRST branch limit. Maybe I am making it up.

Thank you for your help!

There is a limit on number of devices that can register with particular router model under SRST and lower limits on remote sites under BE6K/7K, but you should be able to follow the 2000 limit for full CUCM system. 

Chris

Please rate all useful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: