cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How roaming devices like Jabber are covered through logical partitioning to take care TRAI India regulations

voiphub01
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

Considering TRAI India regulations, Jabber should only be allowed to make PSTN calls through local gateway when user is inside the office. When user roams outside the office, s/he should only be allowed to make IP calls, no PSTN calls should be allowed then.

Logical partitioning works well to restrict/deny various call types, but as geolocation settings are statically assigned to devices and can't identify the users current location, how can this be taken care for roaming devices like Jabber?

I thought of using Device Mobility but I thought Cisco should have solution within logical partitioning itself to take care of roaming devices as well.

Regards

5 Replies 5

voiphub01
Level 1
Level 1

No one using Jabber in India?

Regards

Hi,

This is possible only if UCM's Device Mobility feature & Local Route Group feature is used alongwith LP.   When Softphone is roaming in different sites, the dynamic IP Address received in a site should be capable of associating roaming Device Pool dynamically. This will allow correct Geolocation to be associated with the Softphone. 
Outbound PSTN calls - The Softphone shall use a local Gateway in that site. 
Inbound PSTN calls from home site - The Logical Partitioning shall block incoming PSTN call based on no Allow policy.  

When using over VPN, the PSTN outbound and incoming calls must be blocked - This can be achieved by selecting a DP having Geolocation which prohibits the PSTN communication based on LP.

Manish

Appreciate your comments Manish.

So device mobility is the only option in such situations along with logical partition configuration, correct?

Regards

That is correct.

Manish

Hi Manish, 

Thanks for the information. I have a site which is in Bangalore and it talks to the US cluster for internal calls through SME by SIP trunk as well I have a local mgcp gateway to talk to PSTN for India calls.  Users are on jabber mostly. 

How do I block only PSTN calling facilities which goes through my local mgcp gateway when client is on VPN

"When using over VPN, the PSTN outbound and incoming calls must be blocked - This can be achieved by selecting a DP having Geolocation which prohibits the PSTN communication based on LP"

If i select Internal to Border - NO ALLOW in LP then how does my internal calls work (ie calls which are going through the sme) since its a sip trunk where is a border element I believe.

Current setup: One device pool for the entire bangalore site including phone and jabber.

Please help.