cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to anonymised personal data on cucm

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

Hollow community.  My users which are to be installed on cucm have firstName, lastName and staffNumber. 

I'm looking for a way to anonymised  the userId. can anyone share any strategies that they've used please? The purpose is to limit the storage of personal data for personal reasons. 

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're going to sync users from an LDAP source, the userID can be several fields, but it will bring exactly what is on the LDAP server, no way to change it.

Otherwise, you can create local users and enter whatever information you see fit.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime and thanks for your reply.   I'm trying to comply with The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDRP)  way of thinking. Here is the link, extract and explanation below. I don't using user-id would do the trick for us. what do you think? 

Link: 

"

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/what-is-personal-data/what-is-personal-data/

"

Extract:

"

In order to be truly anonymised under the UK GDPR, you must strip personal data of sufficient elements that mean the individual can no longer be identified. However, if you could at any point use any reasonably available means to re-identify the individuals to which the data refers, that data will not have been effectively anonymised but will have merely been pseudonymised. This means that despite your attempt at anonymisation you will continue to be processing personal data.

"

I suggest you discuss this with your legal team, as I already explained, if you want to sync from LDAP, it will bring the same LDAP information to CUCM and there's no way to change that.

If you want local users, you need to enter at minimum a userID and a lastname, however, bear in mind that user/device/line association is used for several purposes in CUCM including licensing and it might hinder the administration of the product if the managers don't know who the users are to properly do the associations, and the corporate directory would only show the information you have under end users.

If you are going to use Jabber, it will require a directory source to do number to name resolution, if you don't have one, it will also affect the user experience.

Might want to reach out to a local Cisco Partner WITH voice specializations for further advise on those local regulations.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, I'll sleep on this for a few days.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: