cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to arrange the list of variables in UCCX web gui

thorgeir
Level 1
Level 1

so I have been scripting a big script and there is a lot of possible input to put in. when i go on the uccx server througe the web gui and assign the script to an application the input varibles don´t come in the order i want. How do I fix this problem?

I have UCCX 9.0.2

script done in CCX editor from plugin.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe they show up in order to build them or define as parameters, you could try to delete them and then build them in the order you want them to appear.

Chris

I think you are right but there got to be a way to alter the html to arrange and eaven add description. it is noet very user frendly. this is a prodject that im doing for a custumer and they want to be able to modify the welcome massege  and time it is suposed to be active. Is there a more user friendly way to to that? 

I tryed to open .aef script file in a Sublime3(text editor) to see if i cloud eddit somthing throug that but only got a big list of hex numbers.

Chris' answer is correct. You cannot modify the AEF file with something other than the CRS Editor. Even if you could, you would render the customer unsupported by Cisco.

The parameters on the admin webpage are not going to be hugely user-friendly; you can't reorder them or add contextual help. They were intended for knowledgable admins to make basic changes to the script without having to modify the code and refresh it.

If you want something very user-focused you would need to write an off-box front-end that stores the answers into a database or XML file that the AEF script could go get during execution. Since you're on 9.0, there is an HTTP REST API that you could use to upload an XML file to the document repository so there wouldn't be a run-time off-box dependancy though.