cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Audit Analog Phone Types

johnsnave1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have been asked to audit all of the analog phones, i.e., to give a total number of. We have 9 x VG350s using both MGCP and SCCP; CUCM version 10.5.

Is there an easy way to produce the totals for analog phone device types rather than to count each configured end point?

Thanks, John.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

How about this:

In Cisco Unified Reporting there is a report "Device Counts Summary". Any device configured as an endpoint on a VG will be listed under "MGCP Endpoint". That will list both phones and faxes, but if you don't have any faxes, that should give you a count.

Also (and I may be telling you something you already know) but if you go to Device > Gateway and choose "Show" endpoints before you click Find, that should show you all of the endpoints.

Maren

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

There might be a more elegant way, but you tried an export of your gateways via the Bulk Administration Tool? That will list all of the gateways (including your VG350s) and all of the ports and DNs that are configured.

I'm not sure if that will show you the information you are looking for. If not, let us know. I'll keep thinking about it.

Maren

Many thanks for your reply Maren. I had already exported the gateways and looked at the configured ports, but as they say -great minds think alike!

I have also listed by phone> device name> begins with "an". 

Many thanks, John.

How about this:

In Cisco Unified Reporting there is a report "Device Counts Summary". Any device configured as an endpoint on a VG will be listed under "MGCP Endpoint". That will list both phones and faxes, but if you don't have any faxes, that should give you a count.

Also (and I may be telling you something you already know) but if you go to Device > Gateway and choose "Show" endpoints before you click Find, that should show you all of the endpoints.

Maren

Bingo! Great work - thanks.

One more idea, depending on how your system is configured:

Go to Device > Phone and select "Device Type contains analog". If your VG350 endpoints are configured via a SIP trunk then their numbers/ports are in CUCM as analog phone types.

I'm glad I could help!

Maren