cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to block calls by calling ID using MGCP Gateway?

angelsor@cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

How Can I block incoming call for specific calling ID in Call Manager 12.5? I am using MGCP gateway. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell of the Chesapeake NetCraftsmen wrote up a wonderful how-to for this a bunch of years ago. He is using CUCM 8.6 as an example (which was current when he wrote it) but the technique holds just as true for current versions of CUCM. There used to be a doc written by him on Cisco's website as well (with the same technique) but I can't find that.

Cisco CUCM Blocking Calls by Calling Party Number (ID) 

Maren

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

William Bell of the Chesapeake NetCraftsmen wrote up a wonderful how-to for this a bunch of years ago. He is using CUCM 8.6 as an example (which was current when he wrote it) but the technique holds just as true for current versions of CUCM. There used to be a doc written by him on Cisco's website as well (with the same technique) but I can't find that.

Cisco CUCM Blocking Calls by Calling Party Number (ID) 

Maren

Hello Maren!

Thanks for your answer! 

I tried that procedure but the version CUCM 12.5 doesn't have the option Route Next Hop by Calling Party Number.

CUCM 12.5 absolutely does have the Route Next Hop checkbox on Translation Patterns. Here is a screenshot of a 12.5 system in my lab:

YesItDoes.jpg

Maren

This document by @dakeller outlines how to achieve what is asked about and from what I know is what others possibly have based their posts from.

Blocking Calls Based on Calling Party ID 

Response Signature

Hi,

You can do this using translation patterns on CUCM or translation profile
on MGCP gateway.

Here is a doc for CUCM

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/blocking-calls-based-on-calling-party-id/ta-p/3113978

Here is how to do on voice gateway.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/block-incoming-calls-based-off-of-ani-incoming-or-originating/ta-p/3129236

I prefer CUCM to keep single point of control of call routing.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

The last option, aka on the voice gateway, does not work with MGCP. The gateway needs to be either controlled by SIP or H.323 for this to work.

Response Signature

It does if the rule is applied to voice port which I would do but not on
dial peers for mgcp. Good catch

Thanks for sharing @Mohammed al Baqari

Did not know that it would work if put on the voice port(s).

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: