cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to block incoming external calls in Callmanager 7.0?

aminbrooks1906
Level 1
Level 1

I have an internal number 6001 that I want to prevent incoming external calls to be received on that line? How would I go about accomplishing this? I also have an MGCP gateway. Is it better to do it in callmanager or on the gateway? Whenever someone dials the full 10 or 7 digit number that point to that extension, I want it to drop if coming from the outside.

Thanks.

AB

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just move that DN to another partition and adjust the inbound CSS in the GW.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I understand how the CSS points to the partition and then the gateway calls outbound, but how do I control calls inbound to the gateway?

As i mentioned, you configure the inbound CSS from the GW

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

The gateway incoming CSS is already set to internal. I've pointed the DN to the internal CSS also. But when I dial the 10 digit number of that DN, it still connected. How can I shut calls down to that number only?

You need to assign a new partition to the DN that is not listed in the internal CSS. Since internal CSS might also be used by your phones internally you may want to assign different CSS to GW so this way you can still reach the user from other IP phones but not from outside.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: