Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to block thousands of outgoing numbers to PSTN

Hello,
Does anyone know how it can be done in CUCM or CUBE to be able to block thousands of outgoing numbers to PSTN ?

In CUCM it can be done and also in CUBE but for a limited number of PSTN calls, not for thousands and thousands in particular 140,000 numbers I have for the time to block.

I looked for a TCL script and I didn't find one to install it on the CUBE that could be a possibility.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Might want to look at external call control profiles for your requirement.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

How would it be to use an external call control profiles ?

Jaime,

I tell you the need, in my country there is a law where external telephone users, cell phones or urban lines, can request that they not be called by a certain company.
At the moment the list of urban PSTN numbers which cannot be called reaches 140,000 numbers.
The problem is how to selectively filter 140,000 urban PSTN numbers in my Cisco architecture.

SIP Phones --- CUCM --- CUBE --- SIP Trunk to TSP

Option one is in the CUCM to configure 140,000 Route Pattern and activate Reject, but it is too much RP to configure and even probably all 140,000 RP entries degrade the performance of the CUCM.

Option two is to configure Call Reject on the CUBE, but it doesn't support more than 100 entries.
I don't know what solution there may be, maybe some TCL script in CUBE but I couldn't find one.