Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to change audio file format for UCCX requirement

From Customer we received the  audio files  44KHZ , 32 bit , 706kb/s , PCM .

For UCCX we need to convert
Audio Sample size - 8 bit
Channels - 1 (mono)
Audio sample rate - 8 Khz
Audio format - CCITT U-law

Could please let me know the easy method to convert the .wav file format as above to use in UCCX IVR script.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't know if CUCM accepts in any format, I know it converts to different codecs, but not sure about accepting different formats. If you want to try that you can sure do it and then simply download it from the server via sftp (plenty docs on how to do that).  I still this this is much longer process from using Audacity which is free, since you are converting to G711. If you needed G729 then the CUCM path would be advisable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Plenty of freeware out there that will let you do it, i.e. Audacity for example.

Thanks for the update, is there any method in CUCM to convert the .wav file. Since CUCM accept MOH in any format  and play file in real time.

I don't know if CUCM accepts in any format, I know it converts to different codecs, but not sure about accepting different formats. If you want to try that you can sure do it and then simply download it from the server via sftp (plenty docs on how to do that).  I still this this is much longer process from using Audacity which is free, since you are converting to G711. If you needed G729 then the CUCM path would be advisable.